Behind the scenes of a news coverage
During a sharing session in university, a student described media interviews as the easiest one among a variety of marketing and media relation strategies. We started an in-depth discussion regarding to his idea which in the end concluded that immense work and efforts have to be done behind every PR campaign.
Entrusted by our clients and partners, MEMO Plus first propose a custom-made marketing plan according to their brand image and needs. Our PR advice and suggestions are based on their daily operations and also upcoming corporate plan, which include:
1. To schedule the issuance of the press invitation
2. To arrange media relations
3. To establish database connection establishment
4. To organize year-round marketing plan and event content;
5. To choose the best spokesperson for the brand (including representatives from the company)
6. To develop a sustainable and continuous promotional strategy plan
Notwithstanding the above, more efforts have to be made for a news coverage, for example, news research and information analysis, creating news angle and theme of interview, press invitation write-up, media pitch, time and venue coordination, photo property preparation, follow-up with all parties, photo shooting, supplementing information after interviews, news coverage clippings etc. After all, we emphasize the importance of crisis management which requires sufficient preparation is usually neglected.